Friday, May 11, 2012

Celebrating

I loved being reminded in Psalm 43 this morning that God is my JOY and the DELIGHT of my life. Sundays are my special day for celebrating just all that my God is to me. My favorite way to spend a Sunday other than worshiping and serving in my church is to bask in His presence in the great outdoors. On a particularly beautiful Sunday you can find me squirming in the pew just ichin' to get outside and enjoy God's creation.

Christian and I are both so grateful to God for the joy and grace and love he brings to our relationship with him and with each other. We love celebrating all that he has done to save and redeem us. I look back and remember this celebration we had just a few weeks ago. It was the perfect Sunday; gorgeous weather, Christian's birthday weekend and precious parents to join in the fun. We have so much to be thankful for.

Then I will go to the altar of God,
to God, my joy and my delight.
I will praise you with the lyre,
O God, my God. (Psalm 43:4 NIV)

No comments: