Saturday, March 10, 2012

Remind Me

But they soon forgot what he had done
and did not wait for his plan to unfold. (Psalm 106:13 NIV)

I do not want to forget what the Lord has done for me. For us. Throughout our friendship and courtship He has done great things in drawing mine and Christian's hearts closer to the throne of God and also closer to each other. I know all this now and it is fresh on my mind. As I have traveled to Texas this weekend for bridal showers thrown by the most treasured of friends, I count my blessings. Right now it is very easy to remember all the things both good and bad that God has used to shape and mold us into the people that he wants us to be. But I want to get my heart ready now for the times that I will easily forget God's abundant blessings and hand on our lives. Hard times will come and know that I will be tempted to stray from God's very best. Just like the Israelites forgot how God had so powerfully worked to deliver them from bondage, I know that there will be times that I will forget to go before my holy God with thanksgiving. I hope and pray that in those moments the Lord and godly people on my life will remind me. Until then, my heart soars as I ponder Gods love for me, his precious daughter.

Let us rejoice and be glad
and give him glory!
For the wedding of the Lamb has come,
and his bride has made herself ready. (Revelation 19:7 NIV)

No comments: