Monday, March 5, 2012

Flourish

My eyes will watch over them for their good, and I will bring them back to this land. I will build them up and not tear them down; I will plant them and not uproot them. I will give them a heart to know me, that I am the Lord. They will be my people, and I will be their God, for they will return to me with all their heart. (Jeremiah 24:6, 7 NIV)

Have you heard about Flourish? Flourish retreat is for middle and high school young ladies to be held at Johnson Ferry Baptist Church March 16-17. The weekend-long conference will consist of large group teaching with Guest speakers and worship as well as numerous breakout sessions where the girls will be able to pick and choose which topical talks that they want to hear. Some of the breakouts include "Jesus, Aquantence or Friend?" and "Boys, Boys, Boys."

I believe that this will a life-changing event for young ladies. It will be a weekend not soon forgotten. That last time that Johnson Ferry had a girls retreat was when I was in the 9th grade which was way too long ago. It was a special weekend and I still remember a lot of what I learned and heard from God.

In the process of actually planning for one of the break out sessions for the retreat and watching my mom prepare one, I have felt so clearly that God wants to use this weekend in mighty ways in these young ladies' lives. He so desires to have their hearts and to walk with them closely.

Like I began to find when I was in middle school, I want these girls to see how treasured they are by the King of Kings; that they are his princesses. I want them to see what a real, intimate relationship with Jesus looks like.
I want them to find out that God knows the deepest desires of their hearts even before they know themselves. I want them to know that he has a plan and purpose for their lives.

You can register or register a girl that you love up for the retreat online here...

http://jfaccess.johnsonferry.org/default.aspx?page=3357&eventId=2270

And here...

http://jfaccess.johnsonferry.org/default.aspx?page=3357&eventId=2244


No comments: