Sunday, January 23, 2011

Radically Blessed

I am currently knee-deep in another amazing read.

The book is called "Radical" by a guy named David Platt. He is pastor at a mega church out in Birmingham and he is a man passionate about the Lord and His Word.


He begs the question, "Is Jesus worth it all to you?"
In the last couple of weeks I have been faced with thing after thing about how blessed I am and the blessings that God gives. Sometimes I am tempted to feel like I just might deserve a blessing every once and a while, but I don't. I have to fall flat on my face countless times before Him and remind myself that I am so unworthy. Scriptures like this one reminds me what, ultimately, it ALL about...

After this I looked and there before me was a great multitude
that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and
language, standing before the throne and in front of the Lamb.
They were wearing white robes and were holding palm branches
in their hands. And they cried out in a loud voice:

"Salvation belongs to our God,
who sits on the throne,
and to the Lamb."

Revelation 7:9-10

In the end, it will be God who will be glorified, not me. Any way he blesses me is so that I can glorify him further on earth. David Platt talks about how "God blesses his people with extravagant grace so that they might extend his extravagant glory to all peoples on the earth." As I see this greater purpose for God's blessings, I want to make the decision not to hoard and hide the blessings I recieve, but to use them to make him famous.

No comments: