Saturday, February 20, 2010

Don't Really Have a Name For This Post...

It's been a fun week. I've been on a break from school which is nice, but I have stayed busy with family, friends and a good amount of homework to keep me grounded. : )

My parents have been on a cruise this week to celebrate their 20th wedding anniversary (which is actually this August) and my grandparents came to hang out with us. I worked on my own little (BIG) home improvement project painting my bathroom cabinets white. They used to be an ugly wood finish. But now they are "shabby chic" because I lovingly distressed them with my handy dandy electric sander. I don't know much about home improvement, but I do have a not-so-secret love for the electric sander. I have found him quite useful in finishing off some of my craft projects. I wish I had before and afters, but I don't.

I got to have tea this week with some lovely ladies. Some of my favorite people. We drank lots and lots of tea and we laughed...a lot. Our waitress seriously came to bug us 10500 times, but we would just smile and say that we were fine and we would back to laughing outrageously. It was probably a good thing that we were some of the only people at the tea room. Or, come to think of it, they may have all left because of us. Hm...

I can't believe it is already the weekend and that the break will be over on Monday. I've got to crack down on my school work life. I have always been a self-taught, self-disciplined girl, but sometimes things get a little crazy and you realize that you have been putting off some things for a while. Yeah, I'm saying it. I've been guilty of procrastinating this week. Bummer. So, I'm spending the weekend studying for a CLEP test, taking a math test, doing a study guide for economics, preparing to lead a book study Tuesday morning, oh and writing three essays for a scholarship application that is due next week. Woo hoo!



At least I did have some good times this week. It was fun while it lasted.


Y'all have a great weekend! Blessings!

No comments: