Tuesday, August 21, 2012

New Things

This week has been the start to the new semester for me and my husband. So many new things! This stage of life in college has taught me a lot about seasons and how they come and go. I love how college is broken down into semesters. I can often look back at each semester and be able to pinpoint a theme or a particular lesson that the Lord was teaching me during that time. Life is so short and the bible says,

Now listen, you who say, "Today or tomorrow we will go to this or that city, spend a year there, carry on business and make money." Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes. Instead, you ought to say, "If it is the Lord's will, we will live and do this or that." (James 4:13-15 NIV)

We should live everyday with purpose and in such a way that looks to do God's will wherever he might have you. Whether it be sitting in a cubicle at an office job or beginning a new program in school you can be certain that God wants to be apart; playing an active role in your life.

I felt nervous, yet excited on friday going to attend the big orientation for my new semester. I anticipate each new season or semester because I have seen all the things God has done to work on me during previous ones. I have grown up so much and I have been taught far more by walking with the Lord than by any university professor I've ever had. I go into this new and challenging semester with a heart thats ready and willing to be changed and taught. And I know this for certain...it is never how I think that it will be. It's always better. Maybe not easier, but better. Better because I know that my God is in control and that he knows me better than I know myself. He is so sovereign.

No comments: