Monday, May 7, 2012

A Sweet Smell

I love good smells. A particular scent has the power to bring a sweet memory to my mind and pleasure to my heart. One of my favorite smells is my Pink Sugar perfume. I've worn it since the 8th grade and now Christian loves the smell of it too. It's the signature smell of Lindsey Johnson. I adore a cup of jasmine green tea. Ive always wished that the smell of its steamy goodness could be incorporated into a perfume. If it was one I would be spraying it on by the bucketful! I love the smell of a clean baby. I've baby sat enough to know what a great smell it is and I've taken advantage of lots of cuddles from these sweet smelling little ones.

Ephesians 5:2 talks about the most fragrant of all things to God. "Follow God's example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God." (Ephesians 5:1, 2 NIV) Jesus gave himself for us; he died on the cross for our sin when we were the ones deserving punishment. He was the ultimate sacrifice and the most fragrant of offerings to God.

I am so thankful to Jesus and what he did for me on the cross. The way I can respond to this incredible gift is by doing what the beginning of Ephesians 5 says. I want to follow God's example in his Word; living as a dearly loved child and walking in love. I want to walk in and respond to the kind of love that led Jesus to give himself for me. I want to make my life a fragrant offering to the Lord. I pray that I can bless Jesus and that I can bring a smile to his face. May I always aim to be a sweet smell to you God!

No comments: