Sunday, August 30, 2009

The B-I-B-L-E ...

...yes that's the book for me!

I'm a baby sitter.
I baby sit...
...A lot.

I adore the kiddos that I get to care for and I treasure the time I have playing with them.

I always think it is absolutely precious when little ones have a children's Bible that they adore and love to read. Nothing is more sweet than that childlike faith. They believe with all their heart that GOD IS STRONG!

I was baby sitting a little girl the other day and she was only 2 years old, yet she was bringing me her Bible and saying "blue Bible" "blue Bible" (it was blue). And so we sat and read through her little Bible.

I will never forget the moments I had with sweet little Brock, who we lost last year, when we would read his Bible together in his rocker.

Reading the Bible with these children has inspired me to go back and take a look at some of my favorite bible stories as a child; looking at them with a new set of eyes. I tend to neglect many of these stories that I "grew up with" in Sunday school. Just because I know them like the back of my hand doesn't mean I shouldn't go back and read them! I'm excited to see what fresh, new things God shows me through these amazing (true) stories!


What was your favorite Bible story as a small child?

This was the Bible that I grew up with...

No comments: