Monday, June 22, 2009

Rain

I am so happy. It rained today.

After a long, hot and dry week, the rain is so welcome.

It is refreshing.

Moist.

Cool.

Ahhhh.

It might be a little humid later on, but I don't mind.

Everything outside will be clean and bright!

Who knew that a long, hard rain could actually put me it an amazing mood?

Oh my goodness.

There is a song that has been in my heart for several weeks now. I sing it. I hum it. I pray it.

"Desert Song"
Hillsong

This is my prayer in the desert
And all that's within me feels dry
This is my prayer in the hunger in me
My God is a God who provides

And this is my prayer in the fire
In weakness or trial or pain
There is a faith proved
Of more worth than gold
So refine me Lord through the flames

And I will bring praise
I will bring praise
No weapon forged against me shall remain
I will rejoice
I will declare
God is my victory and He is here

No comments: