Friday, January 20, 2012

You Are Lovely


How lovely is your dwelling place,
Lord Almighty! (Psalm 84:1 NIV)

I have loved this verse for a long time and I have seen it everyday for the past six years on the wall in our kitchen. How lovely is your dwelling place Jesus! Be welcome in this place Lord! I have loved my mom's heart in wanting our home to be a place filled with the Holy Spirit.

The other day, I heard Beth Moore refer to this verse in talking about how we are the dwelling place. When you have trusted Jesus as your savior the Holy spirit dwells inside of you. We are lovely as children of God. Beth mentioned how, in truly believing this verse, from the coffee pot to her spot to have her quiet time in the morning she says aloud "I am lovely!"

So, do you believe it ladies? Do you believe that you have been bought with a price by our Father God (1 Cor. 6:20)? Do you believe that you are lovely? In a world that is constantly scrutinizing our outward appearance, we need to look inwardly and to make ourselves lovely dwelling places for the Spirit to reside.

I don't care how messed up your hair is or how gross you feel first thing in the morning, I challenge you to look yourself in the mirror and declare, "I am lovely!"





No comments: