Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Rain Down on Me


Yesterday, I had to run from one building to another in the pouring rain. It took about thirty seconds for my jeans to be completely soaked through. Yes, it was THAT kind of pouring down rain. I had to get to my class so that I could take my math final. As I stood under the shelter of an overhang, I weighed my options. I could get soaking wet running to my car to grab my umbrella and be late for my final, or walk and get soaking wet and be on time for my final. Actually, I admit that I did have an option cross my mind which included my knight in shining armor rescuing me with an umbrella and a hug, but alas Christian was stuck at his school taking a test as well. So, I found myself taking my math final completely heat-to-toe wet and cold.

 I did have a smile on as I walked through the rain. It is one of those moments where you just have to have a sense of humor. I smiled up at God and thanked him then. Not sure for what, but just thanked him. Once I was home and dry I could fully appreciate the rain. I love rain. Christian and I were reflecting on how we love the smell of rain. It is such a sweet and earthy scent; a natural smell that only God himself could have invented. The rain so reminds me of how I have a never ending thirst for the Lord. I desire companionship with him. He can satisfy me in ways that no one else can. So, without hesitation I invite God’s presence to rain down on me. Rain down on me, Lord!

Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty. ~ John 6:35

No comments: